Planning, Research and Information
The Department is responsible for formulating and coordinating policies aimed at achieving the Ministry’s mandate for the overall development of chiefdoms in the country. The Department is headed by a Director and assisted by the Chief Planner.
The functions of the Department are to:
- Plan, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate ministerial programmes and projects in order to ensure their effective implementation;
- Undertake Parliamentary and Cabinet liaison functions in order to ensure effective and timely responses to Parliamentary and Cabinet queries;
- Facilitate resource mobilisation for effective implementation of programmes in the Ministry;
- Co-ordinate the formulation and review of policies and legal frameworks in order to provide guidance to the operations of the Ministry;
- Co-ordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports on the Ministry’s operations in order to facilitate effective decision making;
- Undertake research in order to generate information for effective decision making;
- Provide a sustainable enterprise-wide information system in the Ministry that will enhance fast, easy and cheap access to information within and outside the Ministry; and
- Facilitate the mainstreaming of cross cutting issues such as gender, disability, HIV/AIDS and water and sanitation into ministerial programmes in order to ensure equity and social inclusion.